“One of the best attributes of The Sixth Form @ Woodkirk Academy is the support which is provided for students.
The teaching here is excellent, and no teacher is too busy to stay with you and provide you with extra support.
Woodkirk Academy provides the best opportunities for you to achieve your goals.”
Miles, a former Year 13 student
Life at Woodkirk is different to what most people would expect. Even though our Sixth Form is attached to a mainstream school, rules are flexible, and staff enjoy great relationships with students.
Here are a few reasons why we think you should choose The Sixth Form @ Woodkirk Academy for your post-16 studies.
- we’re the only school-based Sixth Form locally;
- we achieve excellent exam results every year;
- staff enjoy great relationships with students;
- careers and progression support is of a very high standard;
- high-quality food, including a Sixth Form only canteen;
- teachers are experts in their fields;
- independent study periods are on your timetable;
- pastoral staff operate an open-door policy – you’re welcome to drop in at any time;
- you’re allowed to leave site if you don’t have any lessons;
- we have a large rewards budget used to celebrate success;
- our staff are very supportive and understanding;
- our Learning Manager can help you manage your time and identify areas you need to work on;
- we monitor your progress so we can help you identify anything you might be struggling with;
“I looked to move to Woodkirk for the Sixth Form because of the outstanding A-Level results. When I came to the Open Evening, all of the students and teachers were friendly and very welcoming, I instantly felt comfortable about moving.
As soon as I had started, I knew I had made the right decision, everyone was so enthusiastic and I cannot wait to achieve great things here.”